Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Healthier Outlook

I realized today that I didn't really leave this blog on a very positive note in the last post, and I wanted to revise my previous feelings.

After a lot of thinking, and a bit of self-discovery, I've realized that I will be okay. 
I may lose some weight in the future, I may gain some weight.  But either way, I'll still be me and I'll still be beautiful. 

I think I needed to remind myself of that.

I am not perfect, and who knows if I'll ever be what I consider "thin" again.  But it doesn't really matter, because I feel good about myself, and I have a wonderful boyfriend, wonderful friends, and a wonderful family - that love me just the way I am.  I'm healthy (I eat well most of the time but with little indulgences here & there), I'm active (I workout at least 4x a week, and ride my bike as transportation when I can), and I'm finally getting in the right mindset about my weight and my body image. 

I have a little bit of jiggly around the edges, but not too much.  And you know what?  I think I'm okay with that.  I hate the idea of going back to a "diet" and killing myself over having a slice of cake or a glass of beer.  I don't like living my life that way.

I love food, and I love the feelings that I get when I eat healthfully and exercise.  I love fruits and vegetables, I don't eat meat, and I love pizza, burritos and pie.  I try to limit my intake of processed foods, I eat organic fruits & veggies, buy local when possible, and keep my indulgences small and savory.  Sometimes I cave and go a little overboard, but who doesn't every now & then? 

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to voice that!  I feel better.  I hope that someone out there finds this inspiring in some way.

You are beautiful and wonderful and amazing.  Just the way you are!
XO
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment