Monday, December 5, 2011

Finally Friday!

My abs are KILLING me today from the Wii Fit yesterday!  I guess it did what it should do - I have a feeling it was the hula-hooping game.  My sides hurt the most, and that's probably a good thing!  I'm going to do it again tomorrow, that's for sure. 

It was ridiculously cold this morning (the news said it would get down to like 7 degrees), so Stacey & I planned to workout indoors on our own.  Instead I bundled up and went for a run anyway.  I was so proud of myself!  It was damn cold, but I really layered up - I figured if our 5k in 2 weeks is a cold day, then I'd better get used to it!  It was a bit slippery in areas, and kind of difficult to get through the areas where the snow wasn't shoveled, but I totally did it, and felt great afterward.  *Self high five / self chest bump! 


That was a big first for me (jogging when the weather isn't perfect), and I'm so glad I did it.  Also, a sunrise over everything blanketed in snow?  Beautiful!

FOOD
Juice: Apple, 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 an orange, celery, 2 carrots, 1/4 a yam
1 egg over-easy with tomato, siryacha sauce, and 2 slices of polenta (about 1/3" thick)

Brown rice, black eyed peas, onions & green peppers (lightly sauteed), red pepper, arugula, tomatoes, 1/2 a can of organic vegetarian chili.

Satsuma orange.
1/4 a cup of pecans.
2 beers (at Denver Beer Company)
1 small plate of Thanksgiving leftovers. 


EXERCISE
22 minute jog in the bitter cold!

Also, they say that you should use a picture of YOURSELF when you were in better shape / weighed less as a motivational tool.  A while ago I got down to 138 pounds, and could wear anything I wanted to!  You can see a picture of myself at that time here (in my first post on this blog).
Again, I was not as healthy as I could have been (I was eating ONLY meat & veggies - no carbs or fruit), and I was a smoker.  But if I can get there once, I can do it again!  

One small step at a time... 

1 comment:

  1. Core workout burn calories more during exercise but aerobics still have certain limitations. It may give flat stomach but not six pack abs. Lastly, some believe that strict diet program will get the desired result.

    ReplyDelete