Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 11 (Sweet Dee) - It's a new day!

OK, all done whining from yesterday! 
It's amazing how just starting a day right can affect your mood, and the whole rest of your day.  
I think the apartment rearranging last night helped a ton, and John came over to hang out.  We played Quorkle (sp?) which is kind of like Scrabble, but more about matching shapes and colors instead of words.  I kicked his BUTT - and that's the first time that's ever happened! :)  We watched "Evolution" while we played, which is always good for a laugh. 

This morning we got up at 5:30am to meet Stacey in the park again for a walk.  It was chilly and overcast, but it's such a nice way to start the day!  I told them that I would love to get up that early every day, to which they replied "Uhm, so why don't you?".  I really don't know!  So that's something I'm going to work towards.  Getting up earlier, and starting the day right.  

We had softball pretty late (at 9pm!), and John and I tried to go a little earlier so that we could do some batting in the cages - but they were already closed!  So we stopped at a liquor store so that John could get some PBR, and I grabbed a bottle of wine to enjoy on my cheat day this Saturday. :)  It's Cupcake's Red Velvet red wine - I can't wait to try it.  

Since I couldn't play (even just taking a step to pivot & throw the ball made my leg hurt) I sat on the bleachers & cheered with Kris (girlfriend of one of our teammates).  It was SO chilly and windy, I was glad that Stacey gave me her huge blanket!  I cheered my head off, and it was a very close game (we only lost by 1 run).  It was a fun evening though!

FOOD
Powerball & a banana with a cup of green tea (trying not to have coffee every day!) ;)  

Naked Breakfast Burrito (brown rice, salsa, mushrooms & red onions sauteed with spices & pinch of salt in vegan butter, unsalted black beans, 2 eggs scrambled, hot sauce, 1/2 chopped avocado & 1/2 chopped tomato - with a dollop of vegan sour cream)

  
Minneloa Tangelo

1/2 a baked avocado with goat cheese, 1/2 a  grapefruit, over quinoa with a splash of braggs and balsamic vinegarette
Bottle of homemade unsweetened Tulsi Honey Chamomile iced tea





EXERCISE
1 hour 20 minute brisk walk around Wash Park
10 minutes of Arm weightlifting reps (3 reps of 16 lifts each - biceps, triceps, shoulders, upper dorcimus*, back flys) 

*That was for you, wifey! :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment