Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 3 (Sweet Dee)

When I got home last night I was so exhausted from my Body Combat class that I could barely keep my eyes open.  But I still popped in "Criminal Minds" Season 1 and watched 2 episodes.  At 10pm I decided to turn in.... then I tossed and turned for an hour!  Goodness I hate that. 

But I DID manage to get up at 5:30am this morning to meet Stacey for a long walk in Wash Park!  WOOHOO!!  Stacey is my buddy that is also trying to up her workouts, and quit smoking too.  We are helping each other out and supporting each other on our separate yet similar journeys. :) 

I also woke up not feeling too great this morning... just a little soreness in the back of my throat.  I'm hoping it's nothing (or that it will go away), but I'm feeling the onset of a possible cold coming on.... uh-oh. 

FOOD
Smoothie (1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 3/4 cup frozen blueberries, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed)

Cup of Echinacea Complete Care tea

Cup of Emergen-C, and a cup of Yerba Mate tea (gosh, I felt exhausted today!) 

Faux egg salad (tofu mashed up with relish, onions, mustard, vegan mayo, cubed leftover baked potato, pinch of salt & pepper & seasonings), eaten out of butter lettuce leaves


Apple (Braeburn organic)

Miso soup from a local sushi place (it's all I wanted on my way home - the girl looked at me like I was crazy when I said that was all I wanted), and a homemade Tulsi iced tea (unsweetened).


Banana "boat" (banana with natural peanut butter, and a drizzle of agave nectar).  I was really craving something sweet, and I felt like this was my best option!  It was really yummmy.



EXERCISE
1 1/2 hour brisk walk around Wash Park

No comments:

Post a Comment