Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 72 (Sweet Dee) - Kombucha bottling day!

As you've probably seen in my posts, I've started making my own Kombucha.  You can google that if you want.  :)  It was one of my new year's resolutions to start making my own instead of paying $3 / bottle for it.  It's a bit of a process to make, but totally worth it.  

I gave my good ol' healthy bacteria tea a taste last night, and it's ready to be bottled!  This time I got Acai juice to flavor it, and I have some frozen blueberries and peaches that I will probably try as well.  I love that you can experiment with all different kinds of flavors! 


FOOD
Smoothie with a banana, acai juice, 1/2 a bottle of homemade kombucha (mixed with some green iced tea), frozen blueberries and peaches.  Plus 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed.
2 cups of Wellness tea. 

A free vegetarian Jimmy John's sandwich!  Yes, it included white bread, but hey, it was free - and only about 3 inches in size.  Lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers - YUM. 

Oriental flavor Ramen (can you tell I'm broke?) with fresh spinach, mushrooms and onions added.  I only used about 1/2 of the seasoning packet to cut back on sodium.

Unsalted nuts & seeds (pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)

Apple

Leftover pasta with crushed tomatoes & leftover hollandaise sauce (I know that sounds gross, but it was really yummy).  2 slices of toast with vegan butter & jalapeno jelly (I was really hungry last night for some reason, and wanted another snack). 


EXERCISE
Wow, I really hate that I keep writing "none" in this section now.  Time to change that!

No comments:

Post a Comment