Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 23 (Sweet Dee) - Happy-Go-Lucky

Last night while doing 1 load of laundry (I actually have 2 more loads to do but my fuckass landlord hasn't emptied the coin slots in ages, and now they're jammed - awesome), I watched the movie "Happy-Go-Lucky".  I've actually seen it before, but wanted to watch it again!  It's super cute, and I love Sally Hawkins in it - she's so hilarious.  Cat asked me what it's about, and I said "It's about this girl who is just a happy person that never really lets anything get her down" - and she said "Oh, so it's a movie about you?" - HA!  Not exactly. ;) 

I woke up this morning early to go to the gym, but just could not get out of bed.  I was exhausted.  My body is aching everywhere (I'm sure I'm sore from derby, yoga, AND kickboxing - oh my!) and I just could not do it.  I don't feel too bad though since I'll still get a workout at derby practice, though.


Tonight is my 2nd practice back after about 3 weeks off of derby.  After giving myself a good ass-kicking on Monday night (I have a bruise under my ribcage where I knocked the wind out of myself), I'm wondering how tonight will go.  I'm hoping it will be better! 

FOOD
Acai smoothie (banana, strawberries, frozen blackberries, ground flaxseed, about 1/2 a cup of unsweetened coconut milk, a drizzle of brown rice syrup & an Acai smoothie packet)

Unsalted mixed nuts (mostly cashews) - about 1/3 a cup

Bok Choy with brown rice (bok choy boiled in water, over brown rice mixed with some Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids, a squirt of Hoisin sauce, and topped with olive oil mixed with 1 smashed umeboshi plum*, splash of balsamic vinegar, and a squirt of agave - sprinkled with gomashio**)
*Alicia Silverstone talks a lot about the benefits of eating umeboshi plums in her book The Kind Diet (which is where I got this recipe).  You can read up on more info about them here too.  I got mine at Vitamin Cottage in the Asian food section. 
**Gomashio is also referenced in The Kind Diet - she has a recipe where you make your own.  It's kind of a salt-alternative, made with sesame seeds.  I just bought mine at the store - so much easier!   


Coffee w/ honey & milk (I didn't feel like messing with soymilk today... I hate the way it can curdle sometimes in store bought coffee)

Whole Wheat Wasa cracker with peanut butter & fig jelly (I know this isn't exactly a rounded dinner, but I had to just grab something before a group of us went to a concert!  I'll tell ya about it tomorrow...)

EXERCISE
2 hour roller derby practice

No comments:

Post a Comment