Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 19 (Sweet Dee) - Yay for Friday!

WOOHOO!  Friday has arrived!

This morning I was up at 5:30am to meet my friend Stacey at Sloan's Lake for a brisk walk around the park.  I love our weekly walks that we've started doing.  It's such a nice way to talk about how we're doing with our weight-loss / fitness / food goals, to encourage each other, and to be supportive.  I just love 'em!

Tonight a bunch of us are going to see Mile High Sci Fi make fun of a crappy Steven Segal movie.  If you ever used to watch Mystery Science Theater, it's just like that - but live.  I've been a bunch of times, and they are SO hilarious!

FOOD
Wasa Cracker stack-up* (This invention of mine came out of the fact that I was craving something salty rather than sweet for breakfast this morning, but not really sure what I wanted.  I didn't have any eggs or tofu to scramble, so I got creative.  I also have read that Sardines are ridiculously good for you with the Omega 3's & such, so I got a low-sodium organic version packed in water from Whole Foods, and finally cracked it open to give 'em a try.  I thought they were going to be scary-looking, but they just looked like little pieces of fish!  No eyeballs staring up at me, thank goodness.  They were actually pretty delish!  Yay for rhyming)! 

*Whole Wheat Wasa Crackers (2) with about 2 tbsp veggie cream cheese, arugula, about 2 tbsp of marinara sauce, onions sauteed in a pat of vegan butter, and about 2 sardines (crumbled).


Coffee w/ some honey and splash of 1/2 & 1/2 (OK, this was my last try, and it's awful.  I can't bear to drink coffee without my usual amount of sweetener and "creamer".  It's bitter, and horrible - no wonder I consume so many calories trying to mask the flavor.  And this is supposed to be the "good" stuff!  I wish all coffee was as smooth as the kind we had in Italy - I bet I could drink that without anything in it!  Sigh... oh well.)

Leftover Curry Lunch w/ Cat & Kow!  It was so beautiful outside, and this made for a lovely afternoon! :) 





Goosetown Tavern dinner (Gourmet grilled cheese on Rye with pomegranate jelly, side salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette, pickle).  I used the dunk & eat method for my salad dressing, so I only used about 1/4 of it, which was awesome. Also, I really wanted a drink when we got to the movie, but John was SO good about encouraging me not to do it.  Thanks John, baby!



EXERCISE
1 hour brisk walk around Sloan's Lake
20 minute bike-ride to work

No comments:

Post a Comment