Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 42 (Sweet Dee) - Back on the horse that bit me (or something like that)!

After this weekend, I realized I need to take this plan more seriously, and truly hold myself accountable for my choices.  Sure, it's hard!  But it's a short period of my life that I can use towards the future, and it will lead me to longer happiness down the road.  I know now that I don't have to let one moment of weakness screw up my whole plan.  I just need to get right back on the horse again.  I'm not going to quit!  I don't want to gain back the 6 pounds I lost, and I don't want my pooch to start taking over my pants.  Literally.

In the past I've definitely let one day of eating badly cause me to give up entirely.  I'm not really sure why - there's no reason why I can't just start again, and it's not like I ate badly for an entire week.  And even then, it's never too late to start back with eating well!  I mean, what's 2 or 3 days compared to the rest of the 365 days in the year?  What a crazy thought!

I've also decided that I am going to stay away from the scale.  My wonderful derby wife (Quentin) reminded me of that when commenting on my last post (I love that girl)!  And thank you to the rest of the girls that commented and gave me the encouragement I needed - I LOVE you guys too!!  I've decided that the weight loss should just be a bonus - I want to get benefits from everything else!!

Considering that yesterday I got to see one of my most favoritest people ever (Cat A Combs), pass her skills test (YEAH!!), and another one of my most favoritest people ever (Quentin), kick ass in her first Contenders bout - I realized that giving up is not an option.  These girls sure as hell never have!  (SO proud of them!!)

I am getting back on the horse today, and making a new start!

FOOD
Smoothie (strawberries, frozen blueberries, ground flaxseed, acai packet, homemade iced tea w/ agave)


Mashed sweet potatoes

Sauteed veggies (spray oil, asparagus, 1/2 a red potato, onions, mushrooms, low-sodium seasonings, and no-sodium tomato sauce - about 2-3 tbsps)
Mixed unsalted seeds & nuts (sunflower, pumpkin, walnuts, pecans), about 1/4 a cup

Herbal teas throughout the day

Stuffed poblano pepper (onions, garlic, 1/2 a lightly baked potato, & a shredded carrot sauteed in spray oil, mixed into quinoa w/ spices & tomato & corn, stuffed into a poblano pepper & baked) - topped w/ green chili.  The recipe will be up here on my blog very soon!

EXERCISE
2 hour derby practice

No comments:

Post a Comment